Movings & Shakings…
There are some exciting movings and shakings happening at the Auckland Art & Craft Fair in the lead up to the TENTH event!
The biggest change is that I am now running the Fair on my own. Kylie is no longer part of the Fair as she has decided to invest more of her time into her own projects. She is also looking forward to an exciting overseas trip again soon with her partner. Of course, I wish her all the best in whatever she decides to do next, you know it’s going to be exciting!
What does this mean for the event? Nothing, really! The Fair is still a project that I am very passionate about, after investing so much of my energy into making it what it is today since the launch in 2010, I’m even more excited about the next 5 years; and I have only improvements to make rather than drastic changes. With the tenth Fair coming up this November and the changes behind the scenes, it’s a perfect time to update the look our our beloved event and implement some exciting projects that have been pipe dreams of mine for the last little while.
Here’s a little list of what you can look forward to right now:
- The next biggest change: an updated name! Now the Auckland Fair, we are still very much an Art & Craft Fair, but everyone knows this already; it’s mentioned on our poster copy and it is a better representation of the event which takes into account all the ingenuity that we have on the day.
- New poster designs! Just a few tweaks and updates have happened to my original design. After 5 years, it had lasted very well, but it’s a perfect time to launch a few tweaks to keep it fresh for this new and exciting chapter.
- A new WEBSITE! Finally, after wanting to do this for so long, it’s here! I have built a responsive website that showcases all you wonderful vendors separately to the blog in beautiful, image heavy portfolio style articles. The site is mobile friendly and is a great, professional platform that represents the quality of the event. Now you are here, what do you think?
What about the future? Well, all this is coming very soon:
- As part of the website, there will be a special log-in section for vendors! You will find here helpful links to tutorials, articles about business, display tips, photography tips and more. Each vendor that is part of the upcoming Auckland Fair will have access to this – as usual, I love to share the knowledge I’ve gained! This fantastic asset is a work in progress so anything that you would like to see or learn more about, let me know.
- The Auckland Fair will be hosting a vendor ‘meet & greet’ a day or two before the Fair! I’ve wanted to do this for ages, the day is so busy you’re often stuck behind your tables. This will be a great chance for those that want to meet their fellow vendors.
Organisation for the November event is under full swing, applications will be opening at the start of September and another email will go out once they have opened.
I’m really very excited about the Auckland Fair, and I hope you are too! In the meantime, have a look at the website, keep an eye on Facebook and drop me a line if there is anything that you want to know more about or have any concerns at all.
P.S. Did you see the next date of the Fair?! November 29th, mark that in your diaries!