Jump for Joy: Tips for the day!
With the Auckland Fair about to descend upon you in just TWO DAYS its time to get an action-plan in place. It’ll be all hands on deck as we prepare to welcome our makers and visitors for the day, but you’ll be cool as a cucumber, with Mojo coffee in hand, as we share with you some tips to make this Sunday a fantastic day….
- The Auckland Fair will be located at Shed 10 on Queens Wharf, just a hop, skip and jump away from Britomart. You can get there by bus, train or ferry. Check out AT Transport for more details. Need to bring a car for all your loot? There will be ample parking at the Britomart and Downtown carparks.
- Entry fee is $5 on the door and kids under 12 are free! You’ll be able to enter and return as many times as you want with your entry sticker.
- Picnic Box and Mojo have your lunch sorted. They’ll be providing delicious food and coffee to keep your stamina up, and if that isn’t enough to whet your appetite there’s load of options within walking distance. (please note: no food within the main hall)
- Prams: We love seeing kids, and if you’re bringing a pram we encourage you to leave this at the designated pram parking space. It’ll be a busy day, and much easier to navigate without an extra set of wheels, so ask the staff for a helping hand.
- All our makers accept cash payments, some even accept Eftpos! If you find yourself low on funds on the day we have cash out facilities available within the venue. It’s a $2 transaction fee and we only accept NZ Eftpos cards.
- The market opens at 11am and closes at 4pm. There will be give-aways, activations and food happening all day, not to mention all the lovely and talented makers on hand to chat with throughout.
- Can’t decide? With so many unique things and decision to be made, we’d be had pressed to make a decision too. Don’t forget to grab a business card from the maker so you can support hand-made every other day.
- Check out the Makers on the website so you don’t miss out on anything!
- There are HEAPS of competitions for you to enter and win on the day. We’ve got handmade goodies, prezzie cards and $500 prizes to give away!